Wednesday, January 31, 2007

DAILY BREAD, 1-31-07










DAILY BREAD, Wednesday 1-30-07

"Master, Here I Am"
Neal Pollard

"Master, here I am, but don't send me;
Despite the whitened harvest of opportunity.
I know the Great Commission, but I fail to see
Why I must personally fulfill it if I would please Thee."
"Master, here I am, but don't use me;
You've given me much talent, but truthfully
I'll never use it anyway, I'm so busy.
Let someone else go labor in my community."
"Master, here I am, but don't count on me;
I may show up for worship if I find that I am free.
I'll eventually do my part and be found actively,
Working for You, Master, but let's just wait and see."
"Master, here I am, but don't watch me;
I have some lifestyle choices that you just shouldn't see.
Please turn Your head, so I can sin in secrecy;
Perhaps you will not notice my insincerity."
"Master, here I am, but please don't leave me!
Sickness, trials, heartache all are pressing steadily.
I promise to be faithful if these ills will flee.
Oops... Did I say promise? I think I meant, 'Maybe.'"
"Master, her I am, and please Lord, forgive me!
I haven't been a servant, I've lived so selfishly.
Unless I turn to righteousness, my life hurts Thee;
So I'll read Your word and trust each day, and follow faithfully!"
(cf. Isaiah 6:5-8)


No comments: